Thursday, July 4, 2013

Apologies, Lame Excuses, and General Updates

So first off: my apologies for my ridiculously long neglect of the blog. Though it is tempting to attribute the blame for this to my teenager's problems passing Algebra, my ten-year-old's basketball woes, or my husband's irritation with numbskull regulators, in truth I am entirely at fault. I spent most of April and May frantically finishing a novel, which is currently with beta readers. I am finding that when I’m in the final stretch of a book, I become completely obsessive (to put it mildly). It is simply not within my capabilities to focus enough to write anything else.

(I do hope to have an announcement about this book soon, but I’m too superstitious/mentally fragile to talk about it while it’s still with the readers.)

I am willing to give a heads-up about A Biddable Witch, which will form Book 1 of a new trilogy, Blood of Adonis, that is set 400 years before The Heartwood Box. That book is close to being finished.

(There. I wrote it, and I am now manically knocking on the closest wooden object in my bedroom… er, office)

When I say close to finished, I mean that I am working on the final two chapters. Tragically for myself, I cannot give a prediction on when I will finish those two chapters since I am finding them quite challenging.

However, I have written the first 100 pages of the second book of Blood of Adonis, entitled To Catch A Falling Thief, which is the story of Declan’s love. Because a bunch of readers asked about Declan, I decided to post an edited version of the opening chapters on the blog. When and if I can figure out how to post it so it can be downloaded, I will do that as well.

Finally I have been working on a short story about the crew from The Heartwood Box, provisionally titled “Donal’s Storm,” that shows how sneaky and manipulative Donal can be to get what he wants—i.e. sex, sex, and more sex. I plan to release that with the first cold weather.

So that’s where I’m at. I do plan to keep posting more reviews and comments on my reading. In the meantime, keep cool and Happy 4th of July.

No comments:

Post a Comment