Saturday, February 2, 2013

On Content Warnings and my Reviews

Any reader in this genre will have become familiar with the content warnings that accompany most works with heavy erotic content. Personally, I love them because they help me weed out “sweet” books without hard-core sex. But I thought it appropriate to lay out my own policy for this site: I am not going to bother repeating content warnings in my reviews unless it is something I am talking about anyway. You can assume right here that anything goes in the stuff I read: gay, straight, actual rape, rape fantasies, dubious consent, non-consensual relations, BDSM, brutal violence, any and all sex acts. I have not found any categories of adult content that I exclude outright. Obviously, sensitive readers should know their limits and pay attention to the publishers’ warnings. If you do have questions about a book's content, feel free to post a question in the comments or email me directly.

No comments:

Post a Comment